Roco 70116 BR 288 002-9, DB Tp. IV
Completely new design!
■ Double locomotive formed by two units coupled together; both units fully equipped with a motor and sound decoder respectively
■ Full reproduction of the transition area between the two units
■ Elaborately reproduced engine room
■ Finely-detailed model with many separately attached plug-in parts
■ Roofs with additional fan grilles in the roof curves
■ Frame with four sandboxes each and INDUSI reproduction
■ 3 headlights depending on direction of travel and two red tail lights
■ Roof fan grilles are broken through
■ Digital versions feature motor-powered fans
■ Switchable driver’s cab, driver’s console and control box lighting as well as engine room lighting in digital mode
■ “Dynamic Sound” package for even better depth of sound
In 1941 and 1942, a total of four type D 311 double locomotives were put into service by the Deutsche Wehrmacht. They were constructed to haul heavy railroad guns. Two locomotives, the V 188 001 a/b and the V 188 002 a/b, were retained by the German Federal Railway following the war. A third locomotive was used to provide spare parts. These locomotives proved their worth in heavy freight train and shunting services, mainly on the Spessart-Rampe. After damage to the generator, the V 188 001 was phased out in 1968. The V 188 002, later the 288 002, remained in operation in the Franconian region until 1972. Both locomotives were scrapped in 1973.
H0 | 1:87